This page updated July 1, 2022
Do you love cycling? Do you like to work with kids? BJC is seeking coaches for a variety of paid positions.
BJC’s mission is to develop, coach and inspire junior cycling athletes. BJC was founded in 2006 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Our programs run year-round, with different sessions offered among many age groups, disciplines, and skill levels.
Team practices are offered Monday thru Thursday in the evenings from 4:30-6:30 p.m. during the school year, and in the mornings from 8:30-11:30 a.m. during the summer, with Saturday programming from 8:30-1:00 pm. We ride at locations throughout Boulder County.
Position: Cycling Coach (positions for all levels of coaching are available, both MTB and cyclocross)
- Teach fundamental biking skills
- Provide mentorship and teach life lessons through the bicycle
- Provide a fun, challenging, and motivational atmosphere
- Focus on the 3 S’s. Safety! Skills! Stoke!
- Attend staff training sessions
- Communicate effectively and work positively as a member of a team
- Know and follow BJC policies for safety
- Serve as coach at 2-4 practices per week
- This is a part time paid position
- Typical workload is 5-10 hrs per week
- Skilled mountain/cyclocross biker, with excellent knowledge of trails in Boulder County
- Mountain bike instruction certification or training a plus
- Basic trailside bike maintenance skills
- Be outgoing, reliable, have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Concussion, SafeSport, and other training is required, BJC will cover costs
To apply, please (email) resume and cover letter to executive director Pete Webber.