This page updated Jan. 1, 2023
Boulder Junior Cycling Seeks Cycling Coaches
Do you love cycling? Do you like to work with youth athletes? BJC is seeking paid coaches of all levels. We have a variety of flexible part-time positions from 5 to 20+ hours per week and we’re hiring coaches for all age groups. Join our team and be part of a fun, dynamic group and one of the top junior cycling programs in the world!
BJC is an award-winning non-profit whose mission is to develop, coach and inspire junior cycling athletes. We offer programs for all abilities in MTB, road, gravel, and cyclocross for ages 6-19. BJC has been designated a “Center of Excellence” and is Gold Level Certified for SafeSport, the highest level available.
Our season runs April thru November, with practices 4:30 – 6:30 pm during the school year and 8:00 am – noon during the summer. We ride at locations throughout Boulder County.
Positions: Assistant Coaches & Lead Coaches
Core Functions of the Role: Coach and mentor junior riders, 2 to 4 sessions a week
Season: We have 3 distinct seasons: Coaches can choose one, or several seasons:
- Spring: April – May
- Summer: June – July
- Fall: Sept. – Nov.
- School year: 4:30 – 6:30 pm, 2 to 4 days a week
- Summer: 8:00 am – noon, 2 to 4 days a week
- Choose Tues/Thurs, Mon/Wed, or both
- Saturday mornings 8:00 am – noon, also available
- Typical workload is 5-10 hrs per week
- Up to 20+ hours per week for the right candidates
- Attend practices and races according to schedule
- Teach fundamental and advanced cycling skills
- Provide mentorship and teach life lessons
- Focus on the 3 S’s… Safety! Skills! Stoke!
- Communicate effectively and work positively as a member of a team
- Know and follow BJC safety policies
- Skilled mountain biker with knowledge of Boulder County trails
- Experience with youth coaching or teaching preferred
- Basic bike mechanic skills
- Positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- First Aid, Concussion, SafeSport certifications required. BJC covers costs
- Advanced certifications or experience a plus
- $15-$30 / hour based on experience
- Compensation for coach training
- Mentoring from veteran coaches
To apply, please email Pete Webber, BJC executive director