Boulder Junior Cycling (BJC) is a year-round cycling program in Boulder, Colorado whose mission is to develop, coach and inspire junior cycling athletes. BJC was founded in 2006 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. BJC provides programs for all abilities of riders in Road, MTB, and Cyclocross for ages 8-18. BJC provides a professional coaching staff that brings a high level of skill and experience to the program. Our coaches include top-level racers, national champions, and veterans of the sport. BJC has been designated a “Center of Excellence” by USA Cycling every year since 2008.
The core purpose or mission of BJC is to develop, coach and inspire junior cycling athletes.
- We will provide programs for athletes to excel in cycling competition.
- We will provide the support structures for athletes to train, travel and race
- We will produce state and national champions and also strive for the podium at international events
- We will recruit and retain experienced, trained, certified coaches as paid staff for our training programs, clinics and camps.
- We will develop new coaches and opportunities for mentoring of coaches
- We will embrace all cycling elements and encourage youth to try all cycling disciplines; as a participant, racer and mentor.
- We will develop more than the athlete, but also strengthen the sum of all attributes, such as integrity, honesty and passion in junior cyclists.
- We will encourage the Boulder community to develop and promote cycling into a mainstream sport for juniors.