Update May 14, 2020: This program is on hold until conditions allow us to restart. We do not anticipate running this program until July at the earliest, and possibly not all in 2020.
Young Devo Team is for 6-8 year old girls and boys who have basic riding skills but want to improve and learn to ride off road terrain, such as local parks, trails near town, and Valmont Bike Park.
Register here. Deadlines and participant limits apply.
Over several sequential lessons, riders will learn basic mountain bike skills that will enable them to stop better, negotiate turns and bumpy terrain, ride up and down hills, ride small drop offs, and additional skills such as front wheel lifts. For the last practice, parents with MTB experience will be invited to join us on a local singletrack ride as we put our skills to use.
To participate in Young Devo riders must:
- Be 6-8 years of age
- Own a mountain bike with gears and hand brakes
- Have a certified helmet
- Be comfortable riding on grass or dirt
- Be able to stop their bike using hand brakes
- April – May, one day per week, 6 practices
- Cost: $125
- 4 practice options, choose one:
- Saturdays: 9:45-11:00 am (April 11 – May 16)
- Saturdays: 11:15 am-12:30 pm (April 11 – May 16)
- Tuesdays: 3:45-5:00 pm (April 7 – May 12)
- Tuesdays: 5:15-6:30 pm (April 7 – May 12)
- June – July, one day per week, 6 practices
- 4 practice options, choose one
- Cost: $125
- Saturdays: 9:45-11:00 am (June 6 – July 25, no session July 4 or 11)
- Saturdays: 11:15 am-12:30 pm (June 6 – July 25, no session July 4 or 11)
- Tuesdays: 8:30-9:45 am (June 8 – July 13 TBD)
- Tuesdays: 10:15-11:30 am (June 8 – July 13 TBD)
Questions? Contact Devo Programs Manager Lester Pardoe