Short Track is Back for 2023!
Every Wednesday in May & June
Everyone is invited! These are fun low-key grassroots races open to the public. The course changes every week, but is typically a 1-mile lap and most races are 4-5 laps, or about 25 minutes. The races are broken into several categories to choose from. Register at the venue on race day.
Latest news and weather updates on Instagram stories here.
Weekly results are here.
Weekly photos are here.
4:30 pm – Pre-J age 6-9 (10 min, non-competitive event, must be age 6 or older)
4:50 – Juniors age 10-14 (15 min)
5:15 – Men’s C (20 min)
5:45 – Men’s B (25 min)
6:20 – Women’s A, Women’s B, Women’s C (25 min)
6:55 – Men’s A (25 min)
Location: Valmont Bike Park (south parking lot, near the dog park, enter on Valmont Road)
5275 Valmont Rd, Boulder, CO 80301
Chip Timing by RaceRite (Re-use same number plate each week)
Registration: At the venue on race day. Registration opens at 4:00 p.m. and closes 15 minutes prior to the start of your category.
Cash or venmo to: @Pete-Webber-2. No credit-cards.
Age 6-9: Free
Age 10-14: $10 (in any category)
Age 15-18: $20 (in any category)
Age 19-24: $10 (special discount for this group)
Age 25+: $20
- Free entry fees are available to anyone who needs financial assistance. Just go to the registration tent at the venue.
- Second race free (same day) (must register and use different number plate)
Waiver: All racers must sign a waiver. Riders under 18 must be signed by a parent. Parent who can’t attend the event can can sign an electronic version of the waiver in advance here.
– Parking is limited, please ride your bike
– When previewing the course, please stay clear of active racers
– Chip timing in your number plate, re-use your plate each week
– If an event is canceled due to weather, registrations roll over to the next race. No refunds.
– Your racing age is your age on the day of the event
– Age 10+ may race with adults. Age 9 and under must enter the Pre-J only. (actual age)
– No racing license required. Not a USA Cycling event.
– Cash or venmo to: @Pete-Webber-2. No credit-cards
– No podiums or awards
Questions: Please contact Executive Director Pete Webber (email)