BJC is excited to bring back the Valmont Short Track series!
Every Wednesday in June 2022.
Everyone is invited! These are fun low-key grassroots races open to the public. The course changes every week, but is typically a 1-mile lap. The races are broken into several age/ability categories and race for about 20-25 minutes. Register at the venue on race day.
4:30 pm – Pre-J age 6-9 (10 min, non-competitive event, must be age 6 or older)
4:50 – Juniors age 10-14 (15 min)
5:15 – Men’s C (20 min)
5:45 – Men’s B (25 min)
6:20 – Women’s A, Women’s B, Women’s C (25 min)
6:55 – Men’s A (25 min)
Location: Valmont Bike Park (south parking lot, near the dog park, enter on Valmont Road)
5275 Valmont Rd, Boulder, CO 80301
Chip Timing by RaceRite (Re-use same number plate each week)
Live Results: https://my.raceresult.com/groups/1930/?lang=en
Registration: At the venue on race day. Registration opens at 4:00 p.m. and closes 15 minutes prior to the start of your category.
Adults and Juniors age 15 and up: $20. Cash or venmo to: @Pete-Webber-2. No credit-cards.
Age 10-14: $10 (in any category)
Age 6-9: Free (You must register onsite, and parents must sign a waiver)
- Free entry fees are available to anyone who needs financial assistance. Just go to the registration tent at the venue.
- Second race free (same day) (must register and use different number plate)
Waiver: All racers must sign a waiver. Riders under 18 must be signed by a parent. Parent who can’t attend the event can can sign an electronic version of the waiver in advance here.
– Parking is limited, please ride your bike
– When previewing the course, please stay clear of active racers
– Chip timing in your number plate, re-use your plate each week
– If an event is canceled due to weather, registrations roll over to the next race. No refunds.
– Your racing age is your age on the day of the event
– Age 10+ may race with adults. Age 9 and under must enter the Pre-J only. (actual age)
– No racing license required. Not a USA Cycling event.
– Cash or venmo to: @Pete-Webber-2. No credit-cards
– No podiums or awards
Questions: Please contact Executive Director Pete Webber (email)