This Fall 2019, BJC is excited to offer an enduro and gravity focused program for experienced co-ed riders ages 12-18. We’ll focus on being efficient on the climbs and how to be smooth and fast on the downs while having a ton of fun. Specific skills such as manuals, bunny hops, jumps, drops, and everything in between will be sequentially taught. You can tell your friends that it will be “sendy.”
Deadline to register was Aug. 9, but we’re keeping the doors open a few more days. Please register ASAP or contact Lester if you have questions!
To participate in the program riders must meet the following requirements:
- Ages 12-18
- Riding at the BJC “Canada” level or above, or comfortable riding medium slopestyle at Valmont Bike Park (may not be clearing all jumps 100% of the time)
- Full suspension MTB with dropper post
- Suggested minimum travel of 130mm
- MTB knee pads required
- Helmet with a removable full face bar is suggested
This 10 week program will run two days a week Aug 27 to Nov 2
- Tuesdays: 4:15 – 6:15 pm as daylight allows
- Saturdays 8:30 – 11:30 am
- The Team will attend the Revolution Enduro in Gunnison Sept 15
- Cost is $495
Riding locations may include:
- Hall Ranch / Bitterbrush, Lefthand OHV, Valmont, and potentially a little further afield on Saturdays to include trails near Golden, Ft Collins, Estes Park, and Winter Park.
If you are unsure if this program is for you, have questions about schedule conflicts, or the skill level required,contact Devo Programs Manager Lester Pardoe at email@example.com
Registration coming soon.
Flexibility for High School Mountain Bike Racers and Other Sports
We know that some riders need flexibility in order to do other after-school activities and high school mountain bike racing. We are willing to work one-on-one with families to find flexible arrangements when needed. The program will be tailored to match the High School MTB schedule. Contact us to discuss.
BJC offers financial support for families who qualify and you may pay fees in installments. Here’s more information. Application for Scholarships is due prior to the program practice start date.
BJC is always working to increase girls’ participation in cycling. Please help spread the word and encourage girls to sign up!
BJC provides a professional coaching staff that brings a high level of training and experience to the program. Our coaches include top-level racers, national champions, and veterans of the sport. All of them have a passion for junior cycling that fuels our success. All coaches are required to take BJC-provided training plus pass certifications in First Aid, Concussions, Safe Sport, and Positive Coaching.