Shredders is an enduro and gravity focused program for experienced co-ed riders ages 11-18. Our lead coach is Ben Robles. We’ll focus on being efficient on the climbs and how to be smooth and fast on the downhills while having a ton of fun. Specific skills such as manuals, bunny hops, jumps, drops, and everything in between will be sequentially taught.
Riders will be assigned to a small group based upon age, ability, and peer group. (Target size is 5 kids and 1 coach.)
2020 Summer Session (new)
- June 1 – August 1 (9 weeks) (no practice July 4th)
- Practices: Wednesday 8:30-11:30 a.m. & Saturday 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Select Saturday practices will be extended until 1:30 pm to allow for travel time to locations
Cost: $650 (credits can be applied)
Due to group size limits, the 2020 Summer Session will be filled through an application process:
1) Application deadline is midnight May 25, 2020. Apply only if you can commit to attending.
2) BJC will fill the program according to rider age, skill level, commitment, and group compatibility.
3) To apply, the athlete must send an email to Coach Ben Robles briefly outlining the following information:
- Age & contact information
- Describe your skill level (include race results if you have them)
- Describe the local trails and Valmont Bike Park features you are comfortable riding
- Describe your goals for this season
- To participate in the program riders must meet the following requirements:
- Ages 11-18
- Riding at the BJC “Canada” level or above, or comfortable riding medium slopestyle at Valmont Bike Park (may not be clearing all jumps 100% of the time)
- Comfortable riding the Bitterbrush Rock Garden at Hall Ranch
- Full suspension MTB with dropper post
- Suggested minimum travel of 130mm
- MTB knee pads required
- Helmet with a removable full face bar is suggested
- If you are not yet at this skill level, please join the Devo MTB program to develop the skills and techniques to safely join this program
Summer 2020 Refund Policy: In the event that BJC is unable to start these programs due to Covid-19, paid registrants will receive a full refund. If you pay with a credit, you’ll retain credit. If programs are already underway and need to be cancelled, BJC will issue a prorated credit and not refunds.
Riding locations may be limited due Covid-19 travel restrictions. Our ability to car pool or provide van transportation will be limited or non existent. Trails planned include: Hall Ranch / Bitterbrush, Heil Ranch, Valmont, and other local trails. We may head further afield on Saturdays to include trails near Golden, Ft Collins, Estes Park, and Winter Park, but circumstances may prevent this. We rarely cancel sessions due to the weather, makeup sessions are not planned.