Boulder Junior Cycling Financial Support Program
BJC has a financial support program for athletes needing help paying program fees and/or travel costs. Support for program fees is limited to demonstrated financial need. Support for travel is available for both need-based and merit-based situations. We welcome all applications.
The money comes from private foundations, individual donations, and fundraising.
Program Fee Support
You may request any amount of financial support up to 95% of program fees. The amount of financial support provided is based on a sliding scale considering the size of the family and adjusted gross income. The level of support is also dependent on the availability of funds and the number of requests.
Support is available for athletes needing help paying travel costs for development opportunities and events both nationally and internationally. (Go to bottom of this page for application.)
As an alternate to financial support, you may request to pay program fees in several installments instead of a lump sum. Requests should be sent to the BJC Executive Director via email.
Contact us to discuss pro-rated costs for partial season lengths.
Application for program fee financial support is due one month prior to the program practice start date. This is to allow all requests to be reviewed together; late requests may be denied or reduced due to lack of funding. Application for travel cost assistance must be at least 2 weeks before the event, and a month is better.
Completed Applications Must Include:
1) A cover letter providing any additional info that will be useful in determining support.
2) The completed application form (below).
3) Copy of Federal Tax Return (only if requesting 50% or greater program fee support.)
The application should be sent to the BJC Executive Director via email.
*All decisions regarding financial support are made based on available funds and number of applicants and are at the sole discretion of BJC and its Board of Directors.
*BJC may request further information and supporting documents.
Program Fee Financial Support Application
Parent Name & Address:
Parent Phone # :
Parents’ Adjusted Gross Income:
Number of People in Household:
Name of the Program/Event:
Support Amount Requested:
(submit copy of Federal tax return for requests equaling 50% or more of program cost)
Any other information that will be useful in determining support
Please include a cover letter written by the athlete, to include:
- What are your cycling goals both for this year and for the long term?
- Why is riding and training with BJC important to you?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Travel Support Application
Support is available for athletes needing help paying travel costs and trip fees for development opportunities and events both nationally and internationally. The application should be sent to the BJC Executive Director via email email@example.com
The amount of financial support provided varies based upon cost of the trip, financial support received from other sources, the family’s finances, the availability of funds, and the number of financial support requests. Typical support ranges from $100-$500 per season.
Applications should be submitted as early as possible, ideally 2-4 weeks before the trip.
Athletes receiving financial support are required to write a trip report for the BJC website within 7 days of returning home.
Completed Applications Must Include:
1) A cover letter written by the athlete, to include:
– Describe the trip or event
– Why is this trip important to you?
– What are your goals for this trip?
– Any other information that will be useful in determining support
2) Amount of funding requested from BJC
3) A brief trip budget, providing actual costs, not estimates, where possible. Please include:
– Baggage fees
– Camp or event fees
– Other significant costs
4) A list of financial support received or applied for from other sources