SUMMER REGISTRATION: Will open Monday, April 26 at 7:00 am here.
The BJC Devo mountain bike program is for girls and boys ages 9-14, from beginners to experts. This is the core program of BJC’s progression model and focuses on both cross country and gravity/enduro mountain bike skills to develop well rounded riders. Our focus is on fundamental skill and fitness development and an introduction to racing. The program is led by professional coach Lester Pardoe, now in his 16th season with BJC. Lester’s coaching team includes up to 30 additional coaches.
To manage covid risks we implement a number of safety protocols including small groups, social distancing, staggered times and locations, and many other steps. Read our Corona Precautions and Policies.
Participants must be comfortable riding on grass and dirt and have a bike that meets the BJC MTB requirements. We ride on trails all over Boulder County and will also include bike paths, paved/gravel roads, and bike parks. For more info, please see our FAQ for MTB Devo Program.
To participate in MTB Devo riders must:
- Be 9+ years of age
- Own a mountain bike with disc brakes and 26 inch wheels (or bigger)
- Have a certified helmet
- Be comfortable riding on grass or dirt
If you have a credit from 2020 spring programs, you can use that to pay program fees. Contact us for registration coupon codes BEFORE registration opens.
2021 Devo MTB Spring Season (sold out)
- March 29 -May 27 (9 weeks, 18 practices)
- Two practices per week, choose Tues/Thurs or Mon/Wed
- 2 hour practices, 4:15-6:15 pm (+/- 15 min to allow for staggered groups)
- The first 2 practices are mandatory for all riders so we can create well matched groups
- New riders may be invited to introductory practices the week of March 15
- Cost $495
2021 Devo MTB Summer Season
- June 7– July 29 (8 weeks, 16 practices)
- Two practices per week, choose Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs
- 3 hour practices: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. (+/- 15 minutes to allow for staggered groups)
- Cost $570
- Reminder: Your bike must have disc brakes and 26 inch wheels (or bigger)
2021 Devo MTB Fall Season
- Tentative details below
- Age 9 – 14 (must be 9 on Sept. 1)
- Sept 9 – Oct 21 (7 weeks, 13 practices)
- Practices Mon & Wed
- Times: 4:15 – 6:15 pm (+/- 15 min for staggered groups)
- Cost and registration coming in summer 2021
Where do we ride? All over Boulder County. We start with basic trails and build from there. By the end of the season the riders are comfortable on almost all the trails in Boulder County: Marshall Mesa, Valmont Bike Park, Betasso, Boulder Reservoir, Heil Ranch, Picture Rock, Hall Ranch and more!
Bad Weather: We almost NEVER cancel practice due to bad weather. We ride in the rain and snow! Be ready! Please dress for the conditions that day! This will range from very hot to very cold, and include rain, snow, wind, sleet, etc. When trails are too muddy to ride, we’ll ride other locations. In the case of extreme weather we will cancel practice, but it almost never happens. We do not provide make up days.
Please read our FAQ for MTB Devo Program.
Questions? Contact Devo Programs Manager Lester Pardoe
Athlete Wellness and SafeSport is a high priority for BJC. We’re proud to have earned Gold Level Certification, the highest level available.