BJC offers various other programs during the year.
Secret Training: 8th grade and above
Off-season training by most top cyclists today has something in common: they all practice a variety of off-the-bike sports and activities to get stronger and provide a foundation for their coming season.
We call this “secret training.” From strength training to agility drills, from hiking to team sports, the best athletes like to mix it up with off-the-bike training. This keeps the body and mind well balanced and fresh.
Join BJC coaches on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for 7 weeks of BJC secret training sessions. Some days you’ll hike or trail run or play team sports. Other days might be balance and agility work, and we’ll always include focused strength training to build power on the bike. We’ll meet at various locations in Boulder, and most sessions will be outdoors. Open to 8th grade and above only. Register by Wed Jan 8th. First session is Tues Jan 14th.
- Session runs Jan 14th to Feb 27th (7 weeks)
- Tues & Thurs, 4:15 – 5:45 p.m. (Practices may go longer as daylight allows)
- Various outdoor locations in Boulder (indoor as needed)
- Strength, agility, fun
- Details for each practice will be announced weekly
- Open to 8th grade and above (Contact Joe with questions)
- Coached by BJC coaches
- Cost: $210
- Registration is closed, contact BJC for info.
Strength Training – 11th & 12 Grades
-7-8 weeks, 14-16 sessions
-Jan 14- Feb 27, Tues/Thurs 4.15-5.45
In conjunction with Revo PT, we are able to offer an off-season strength program to more experienced riders looking to step up their training and compete at a national or international level in 2020. This program will be led by strength coach Dominique Garcia in collaboration with Coaches Pete and Joe. At this time, we are only able to offer this program to 11th and 12th
graders. Interested riders should email an expression of interest to
BJC Bike Maintenance Class
BJC is pleased to offer a 4-week class for BJC riders to learn how to maintain their bikes.
- Session runs Jan 29 – Feb 19th (4 weeks)
- Wednesdays 4:15 – 6:15 p.m.
- Taught by professional mechanic Michael “Gav” Gavagan with help from BJC coaches
- Location: Gav’s shop: 2752 47th St, Boulder, CO 80301 (Foothills Highway frontage road)
- We’ll work on all bike types: Road, MTB, and CX
- Cost is $115
- Limited to 8 participants
- Suggested for 6th grade and above
The class will be filled through an application process:
1) Application deadline is midnight Wed Jan 15th at 11:59pm. Apply only if you can commit to attending. Apply here.
2) BJC will fill the class according to rider age, application date, and group compatibility. Older riders will be given priority.
– Trail and roadside quick repairs
– Fix a flat, tubed and tubeless tires
– Lubing and chain maintenance
– Handlebar, stem, and saddle adjustments
– Wheel truing
– Derailleur adjustments
– Brake adjustments
– Hydraulic brake maintenance and bleeding
– Installing cables & housing
– Bottom brackets & headsets
Riders will work on their own bike using their own tools if they have them. For example, riders will learn to use their own multi-tool, pump, and other items that they normally carry on rides. The goal is to make the riders as self sufficient as possible! (Trailside tools are required, shop tools are not required but are nice to have.)