Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023
Hosted by Boulder Junior Cycling and the Dawson School Cyclocross Team in memory of Magnus White.
WHAT A YEAR! 2023 WAS OUR BIGGEST EVENT EVER! THANK YOU TO EVERY WHO MADE IT HAPPEN!
2023 RESULTS HERE: https://my.raceresult.com/264078/results
2023 PHOTOS HERE: https://www.racershots.com/racephotos
All info below this line is from 2023
2023 – 15th Annual – Colorado’s Best Race for Beginners!
- Free entry for juniors, U25, and first-time women
- Neutral race support provided by Trek Store Boulder
- Sponsored by Shimano
- Mountain bikes are welcome!
- Free women’s clinic Wednesday night
- Harvest Festival
- Part of the Colorado Cross Cup
- Cat 4 & 5 reserved for adults only.
- A USA CYCLING license is required to race. (FREE one-day licenses are available for beginners and juniors, scroll down for details)
- All proceeds support junior cycling
Schedule: Scroll down
Course: Scroll down for map. This is a fun course with a mix of grass and pavement and just the right amount of technical stuff. Perfect for beginners and experts alike.
Location: The beautiful Dawson School campus on Hwy 287 between Longmont and Lafayette. 10455 Dawson Dr, Lafayette, CO 80026. Here’s a map.
Pre-Registration: Please pre-register at this link. It closes at Noon on Thursday Sept. 28.
Race-Day Registration: Race day onsite registration is available for $10 extra. (Free entries are not available on race day except first-time women) It opens at 7:00 a.m. and closes 40 minutes prior to start.
Race License Required (Before you register.)
A USA CYCLING license is required to race. (Most people get an annual license, but FREE one-day licenses are available – limited to beginners and juniors.)
- Entry Fee: $40 if you pre-register ($50 on race day) ($20 per additional race)
Free Entry Program
(Remember to get your USA Cycling license BEFORE you register.)
Free entry for juniors (CX race age 18 and under) (must pre-register) ($25 on race day)
-Coupon code for juniors entering adult cat. 3 or higher: sycjunior
Free entry for age U25 (Actual age 24 or less on race day) (must pre-register) ($25 on race day)
-Coupon code for age U25: sycU25
Free entry for never-ever first-time women
-Coupon code never-ever first-time women: sycGR8
Free entry to anyone who needs financial assistance. Please contact Executive Director Pete Webber (email)
Pre-J event for age 6-8 is free, just go to registration table onsite to sign a waiver (no registration needed)
- Cat 4 & 5 reserved for adults only. Junior girls and boys are asked to race with their correct age group, not with adults. (Contact us if you need an exception.) – Juniors who have a race license in CX Category 3 or higher may race in adult categories.
- “CX race age” is your age on 12/31/24 (That’s right, your age on Dec. 31, 2024)
- Pre-J event for age 6,7, 8 (actual age on race day) at Noon, just go to registration onsite to sign a waiver (no registration needed)
- No races for age 5 or less (actual age on race day)
- Course preview available between each start wave.
- No refunds.
- Pre-J Race, a non-competitive event for age 6, 7, and 8.
- Food Truck
- Trek neutral service
- Bake Sale
- Face Painting
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Kids Crafts
- Pedal-power Cider Press
- Here’s a fun video: A Day at Schoolyard Cross
Additional Sign Ups:
Women’s Clinic details and sign up here.
START PROCEDURE: We are doing “corral start”. The start for each wave will be by one whistle for the whole wave and results will be split up by category at the finish. Some junior races and the Men’s 50+ and 60+ will have separate whistles. (Some other waves may be split before the start based upon circumstances.)
CALL UPS: Each wave will be called up by USA Cycling cyclocross points regardless of category or gender.
RACE RULES: All USA CYCLING rules apply.
CHIP TIMING: Pick up your chip at registration. $100 fee if chip not returned.
NUMBERS: On left side.
AWARDS: $500 Men Open 5-deep, $500 Women Open 5-deep, all other categories merchandise. Must be present at the podium to receive an award.
PARKING: On site.
LICENSES: A USA CYCLING license is required to race. (Except Pre-J) (Most people get an annual license, but FREE one-day licenses are available – limited to beginners and juniors.) (See above for details.)
USAC waiver must be signed by all racers or parent/guardian for anyone 18 or under.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org