Save the Date: Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023
2022 Info below this line.
2022 – 14th Annual – Colorado’s Best Race for Beginners!
- Free entry for juniors (pre-registration only)
- Free entry for never-ever first-time women (just go to registration onsite on race day, don’t pre reg)
- Neutral race support provided by Trek Store Boulder
- Sponsored by Shimano
- Mountain bikes are welcome!
- Free women’s clinic Wednesday night
- Harvest Festival
- All proceeds support junior cycling
Schedule: Scroll down
Course: Scroll down for map. This is a fun course with a mix of grass and pavement and just the right amount of technical stuff. Perfect for beginners and experts alike.
Location: The beautiful Dawson School campus on Hwy 287 between Longmont and Lafayette. 10455 Dawson Dr, Lafayette, CO 80026. Here’s a map.
Pre-Registration: Click here to pre-register. Pre-registration closes Thursday, Sept. 29 at 5:00 pm.
Race-Day Registration: Pre-registration is your best choice, but race day onsite registration ($5 extra) opens at 7:00 a.m. closes 40 minutes prior to start (Entry fee higher on race day)
- Adults: $35 ($40 on race day) ($15 per additional race)
- Juniors: Free (18 and under) (must pre-register) ($20 on race day)
- First-time never-ever women: Free (just go to registration onsite on race day, don’t pre reg)
- Coupon code for juniors entering adult cat. 3 or higher: sycjunior
- Pre-J event for age 6-8 is free, just go to registration onsite to sign a waiver (no registration needed)
- Cat 4 & 5 reserved for adults only. Junior girls and boys are asked to race with their correct age group, not with adults. (Contact us if you need an exception.) – Juniors in Category 3 or higher may race in adult categories.
- CX racing age is your age on 12/31/23 (That’s right, your age on Dec. 31, 2023)
- Pre-J event for age 6,7, 8 (actual age on race day) at 11:55 am, just go to registration onsite to sign a waiver (no registration needed)
- No races for under age 6.
- Course preview available between each wave.
- No refunds. Contact us with questions.
- Pre-J Race, a non-competitive event for age 6, 7, and 8. (Actual age not Cyclocross Race Age, just go to registration onsite to sign a waiver (no registration needed)
- Food Truck
- Trek neutral service
- Bake Sale
- Face Painting
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Kids Crafts
- Pedal-power Cider Press
- Here’s a fun video: A Day at Schoolyard Cross
Additional Sign Ups:
Reserve team space on club row.
Sign up to bring items for the Bake Sale.
Women’s Clinic details and sign up here.
START PROCEDURE: New this year we are doing “corral start” like the Cyclo-X Series. The start will be by one whistle for the whole wave and results will be split up by category at the finish. (Some waves may be split before the start based upon observations of the Colorado season to date.)
CALL UPS: Each wave will be called up by USA Cycling points regardless of category or gender.
RACE RULES: All USAC rules apply.
CHIP TIMING: No chip = relegated to last place. ($75 fee if chip not returned.)
NUMBERS: On left side.
AWARDS: $500 Men Open, $500 Women Open, all other categories merchandise. Must be present at the podium to receive an award.
PARKING: On site.
LICENSES: A USA CYCLING license and a COLORADO CYCLING membership are required to race.
USA Cycling annual licenses available at www.usacycling.org (Junior licenses are free here.)
Beginners (in Cat 5 only) can buy a 1-Day license for $10 when pre-registering or onsite.
If you are an experienced racer in Cat. 1,2,3,4 you can buy a 1-Day license for $25, but only available to former USAC members and must be purchased online at USAC website. Must show receipt at race check-in.
COLORADO CYCLING: Membership required. Annual memberships available at www.coloradocycling.org. One day memberships can be purchased for $5 when pre-registering (look for “merchandise” or onsite. Not required for out of state athletes.
USAC waiver must be signed by all racers or parent/guardian for anyone 18 or under.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org