Boulder Junior Cycling Injury and Illness Prorate Policy
The purpose of this policy is to help compensate riders and their families in case of an unexpected severe season ending injury (such as broken bones), or illness (such as mono, pneumonia, whooping cough).
- Refunds of program fees shall be considered only in the event of injury or severe illness and will be determined at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The BJC Executive Director, not a coach, must be officially notified of any request for refund.
- Rider must miss greater than 50% of the practices – as a single block of absences Parents must inform BJC of diagnosis/prognosis immediately
- Calculating the amount of prorate.The prorated amount shall be equal to 60% of calculated ride value if taken as a credit. Prorate amount shall equal to 40% of calculated ride value if taken as cash
- Requests for refunds must be submitted in a timely manner. i.e. If an injury results in a refund request, the refund will be calculated from the date of the request, not the date that the athlete stopped attending.
Adopted March 8, 2016