Here’s some teaser info for the upcoming BJC Meltdown mountain biking race!
– Saturday, April 28: all day
– Categories for all ages and all abilities
– World Cup style cross-country course, 3-4 mile lap, multiple laps depending upon category
– Race distances will be short in the World Cup style (and early season) ranging from 20-30 minutes for under 12 kids, to 1.15 – 1:30 hours for experienced riders
– Course will be on Lyons neighborhood trails near Bohn Park, the Lyons Dirt Jumps, and the “L Hill” hillside. Course will not use Boulder County Open Space trails
– Mix of open fields, doubletrack, and lots of singletrack. Difficulty is intermediate. Not brutally hard but not too easy either
– Please no riding the course prior to race day as we have special land permissions for the first year, we want to be invited back!
– Beer garden, food, festivities. Our focus is on creating a fun, grassroots, community event
– USAC Sanctioned. You’ll need a USA Cycling license to race. You can buy an annual license ($75 adult, $40 junior) or a $5 one-day license.
– All proceeds support Boulder Junior Cycling programs
… Race day schedule, categories, course map, and registration will be announced soon!